June 07, 2017
Make a beautiful Sharks mobile using our free printable shark!
This super easy craft is perfect for kids ages 9+. It's easy to make with just these materials:
1. Print out three copies of the free printable shark. I recommend using a heavy paper, such as resume paper or card stock. You can also print out the shark and then use it as a stencil to make the sharks out of felt instead of paper.
2. Cut out the sharks and their fins. (Be careful around the teeth!)
3. Glue the fins into place using the trapezoid place marks. Note: It is much harder to get the fins on after the shark is a tube. Definitely glue the fins on first!
4. Fold down the tabs on the shark's back, put glue on them, and then glue the shark into a tube.
5. Punch a hole through each shark's dorsal fin. You may want to bend the fin backwards gently so that it will hang vertically rather than at a slight angle.
6. Cut the ribbon or fabric into strips that gradually increase in length from 3" to 48". Tie them from shortest to longest around the embroidery hoop.
7. Tie each shark to one of the ribbons - a short ribbon, medium ribbon, and long ribbon.
8. To make the hanger, tie three equal-length ribbons evenly spaced around the hoop, and then tie them to each other.
Ta-da! Now you have an awesome shark mobile that perfectly matches your Sharks Dress!